Thursday, September 1, 2011

Donate to our wedding here

So i finally got the budget from my parents for our wedding and it look like nothing is going to happen we will not be having out wedding, and im a little hurt with it. 
Lets start with my parents think that we are keeping J from them, and the complain endlessly about being able to watch j by themselves without me around. Lets start with the fact that Justin and i have only been on date nights twice since J was born the first time was carefully planned out and J went to stay with justins mom and dad. everything went fine i cried for the first hour because i missed j but it was ok, i completely trust justins parents now. fast forward. the fair finally came back to town and the first night we went to the tractor pull because we got last minute ticked we stayed for an hour it was loud gave me a headache and i was not feeling so hot. J stayed with justins parents for an hour. Two days later we went to the demolition derby. Now a demo derby is way to loud for a baby. We again asked Justins parents to watch J because his mother fully enjoys J and i trust her all the way. My parents find out and throw a fit that we didnt ask them to watch J but turns out they are going to the derby to so its not like they could have watched J anyways!
Fast forward one more time to yesterday. I go to my parents office i do not have J he is at justins moms because i had a doctors appointment  and i didnt want him to get all the germs. ( once again it was not feasible for them to watch j they where at work! ) I found out i have a bulging disk im in a lot of pain i could hardly walk the day before. Where i ask again if i could have the wedding budget you need a budget before you can do anything, and my dad wont give it to me tell me he is mad at me for keeping his grandson from him. Complaining on how they have not been bale to watch him by themselves without me. Hello its not a requirement for them to watch him by themselves! Its not some kind of right that they have because they have a title, unless you have the title mom or dad of the child in question you really have no right to anything! Well it was my birthday and they ruined it. Got mad at me for wanting to hold it at Justins church ( which honestly i feel way more comfortable at then my parents ) I couldn't take it any more i went and picked up J and cried for about i good hour and Justins moms. Now to today. I got a message from my mom telling me that my budget was three hundred dollars. Thats it, nothing more. The dress that i wanted was two hundred dollars which really was super cheep for the type of dress i wanted. Im crushed my heart is hurting because i guess every girl looks forward to the day that she gets married. I was already doing everything as cheep as i could a morning wedding to save on the meal, handmade favors, handmade center pieces, making my own bouquets and flowers for the wedding only do flowers for the wedding party not decorating with them. Their is no way i can do a wedding for $300. Most people spend more than that on their shoes or invitations. I guess Justin and i will not be getting married till we can afford to do it with our own money, and the little bit of help that Justins parents are able to do ( rehearsal dinner, tuxes, the cost for the favors, and his mom is helping me do everything by hand) $300 was the budget Justins mom was given by her very frugal father 28 years ago for her wedding and she said it was a stretch.
  Ifeel like my father refusal to help with the wedding fully like he said he would is a direct way for him to make me suffer for not letting them watch j. Anyone out their host a wedding for $300 that was anywhere close to what you really wanted? I feel like i sound selfish, but in my heart i feel like im not being. So i get to my end point anyone want to donate to our wedding? Just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. My wedding will cost me $57. I'm doing a justice of the peace kind of wedding and the Mayor is the one marrying us. The $57 is the marriage license and that is it since the Mayor does it for free. I never wanted a big or fancy wedding and although it seems to be pissing off his family because its so non traditional I think when I look back 20 yrs from now I won't regret my wedding choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Jess. Things have a way of working out- sometimes not always as we want, but usually not as bad as we had feared. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Custom Search