Sunday, June 26, 2011

As promised

Well no exactly because i said i was gonna do this like two days ago and didnt but for all of you wondering i got my IUD put in last Wednesday because this baby factory is closed. i admire the people who can pop out one right after the other but lets face it i had a crappy pregnancy and i haven't gotten to the whole thing is fuzzy stage when i get their we will probably be having another conversation.
I went with the Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) because i have PCOS and i need some type of hormone driven birth control to keep my cycles somewhat on time and because i have always been a heavy bleeder and the chance of having light to no bleeding made me drool with envy, and its good for five years and pays for itself after the first year of use.
So i went to the doctors office got shown into the procedure room and the nurse started to get everything set up and mind you its a lot of stuff she pulled out of the cabinets and it was starting to freak me out. She pulled out the biggest metal speculum i have ever seen in my life ( let me tell you this thing was heavy duty ) and then i start to panic. i get this feeling of oh my goodness i should not be doing this maybe i should tell them i changed my mind yeah that it i will tell them i changed my mind even tho five minutes ago i signed a paper agreeing that i wanted this, may condoms arnt so bad.
Dr Mai came in said good morning asked all the normal questions and said well lets gets started, and then he was like this is gonna be cold and lots of pressure and i was bracing myself. i felt as he used q-tip i have even seen in my life to clean my cervix with iodine and then after that i really wasn't feeling much i felt something cold and then nothing for a little bit then i heard him asking the nurse to get the righ scissors and as she unsuccessfully located the scissors i heard the dr say the ones that cut and it was all that i could do to keep myself from laughing because if you had been there spread eagle with someone saying the scissors that cut when pretty much all scissors do that you would have thought it was funny, then came the bad part he went to trim my strings and accidentally poked the side of my hooter with the scissors and that was really the only part that hurt so i guess im luck. i had people telling me that it was gonna hurt for weeks so i was all prepared to be in pain. I was a little crampy afterwords but other than that it was smooth sailing. i have a follow up appt in two weeks to make sure its still there in the correct position and is not embedding itself into my uterus. And in two weeks Justin and i will be given the green light to have sex without a condom which he is pretty happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Custom Search